CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Welcome Home Kayla

We are just a few hours away from seeing our Kayla again. It's so emotional I can't even describe it. I do know that the anticipation is better than Christmas! We leave at 2:00 today to go to the airport. I have tons of stuff I should be doing, but can't focus on any of it so I'm blogging :0) A couple nights ago we were talking about what we could do to welcome her home and I said, "We should fill her room with balloons." I was really only half kidding, but the idea stuck so for two nights we've been blowing up balloons and passing out...blowing up balloons and passing out. Ok, not really. We did have some manual pumps, so everyone but me used them. (OK, I take that back...I see that Noelle used the old fashioned method as well.) They hurt my wimpy arm. I opted to blow them up the old fashioned way. Here's some pictures of the process. I will get more pictures at the airport.

The funny thing is that we've had to do it when the little kids are asleep so they won't spill the beans to their sister when we go and get her. They keep hearing mysterious POP noises every now and then and they are so baffled. I guess we were overzealous and filled a few of them too full. It's hard to fill a room with balloons and we were just trying to take up as much space as possible with each one LOL!


Below is Alyssa Stewart that came to help one of the nights.

Until the Next Grand Adventure,
Yvonne and Crew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...we can't wait to see her! I know Ronda has missed her tons!! She would have been over to help had she not had to work last night...and if she'd known on the night before, she could have come then! Looks like you've had a ton of fun filling those balloons! See ya soon! Cathy & crew

karen said...

wow...the visual of the room full of balloons is awesome...i could only imagine how it looked but that's so neat...i'm so glad she's home now tho...it was good seeing her (and you too of course...lol) at church sunday.

stampmonkey said...

I thought for sure I'd commented on this a couple days ago. ?? Anyway, she's been home now for almost a week, so I'm sure the balloons aren't around anymore, but I can just imagine how surprised and happy Kayla was to find that sea of balloons in her room! Of course I'm sure that didn't compare to the happiness and joy you all felt being together once again. ;) You're such a great mom, Yvonne!