CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Saying Hello...Saying Goodbye

As you can see, I started this post a while ago and I'm just now getting back to it. First of all it was pretty emotional. I was working on it and started crying in my proofreading. Then the girls came over to see what was wrong and when they read it they started crying too. Anyway, we're doing a little better, but that doesn't mean we don't miss Joel because we surely do! Ok, here's the origional post...

We could hardly wait to get to the airport to get our Kayla last night. It was a happy reunion as you can tell from the pictures. Her plane was right on time and all went smooth except for one glitch. We discovered that one of her bags is in luggage land. This bag has all her photos from her trip so please be praying that it is found. Update: It was delivered to our house the next night :0)

After we left the airport we drove around Tulsa looking for a place to eat. We ended up at The Cheesecake Factory which was an excellent choice. The food was wonderful, but what was even more wonderful was that we all were finally together again. Meal time at night is really important to us and if at all possible we really try to be together.

The little ones pretty much haven't let her out of their sight. As I type this they are both perched on her lap listening to her read a story. They really missed her. We all did.

This morning Joel moved his stack of stuff out to Ozark Christian College. I'm so very thankful that it's very close by and I can lure him home with food or the prospect of a free laundry. We're so excited for him and his next Grand Adventure. He came to me last night and hugged me tightly and talked about those Grand Adventures. It's been our goal to make life with our kids as grand as possible no matter what the circumstances.

So, before I start bawling (oops too late...) here are some pictures from our last 24 hours.

Until the next Grand Adventure,
Yvonne and Crew

p.s. The picture of Joel's room is to show that he actually did have a floor. I didn't see it much ;0)















0 comments: