CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 1, 2008

"Lots of Love"

Angie has been bugging me all summer that she wants to do the "lots of love" (Locks of Love) thing that Noelle did. Poor kid. Her hair is sooo thick that it's extremely hot. I finally gave in and let her. I do miss her pretty long hair, but now she has cute short, curly hair. It'll take me some getting used to, but she already loves it. I'm sure our morning brushings are going to be less tearful and I do look forward to that.

We got Angie's first grade teacher's letter in the mail yesterday and both Jim and I are thrilled that she's the most sought after teacher in that building. It's a double bonus because she and her family go to our church. I'm pretty sure that the two deaf kids that were in her class last year will be in her same class again which is awesome. Angie learned so much sign language just from watching last year.

Only 12 more days until Kayla comes home. We're excited about that. I think she's really going to miss it there though. She's had wonderful people to be with. The last I talked to her they were gearing up for another typhoon. Wonder what those are like? Not everyone can say they've been through one!

Joel's burns are healing nicely. He's putting in some very long days and he thinks it's sad that a 19 year old is ready for bed by 9:00! He's moving to Ozark Christian College in two weeks (the day after Kayla gets home) and will be able to plunk down the entire amount for the first semester just from scholarships and hard work this summer. We're going to miss him, but at least he's only 15 minutes away and I have perks like home cooked food and a washer and dryer.

Noelle is gone this week to Chicago working with a group from Christ's Church on an inner city mission. I've only gotten to talk to her a couple of times, but it sounds like the group is doing well.

Ryan...well, we're still working on the potty training thing. Please be praying. He's actually showing some interest in trying and doesn't fight me when I suggest we go in for him to try. Maybe it's the mini marshmallows I bought as a bribe? Man, I've tried everything that's for sure.

Jim and I are still busy at our work stuff. We've had several kids come through here this summer on anywhere from overnight to a week and from 7 months to 15 years. Our kids don't even act surprised anymore when they come home and there's another kid or two here! I have opted out of having any come for a couple of weeks simply because I'm getting ready to do a garage sale and that entails a lot of work. Sometimes they make it easy to say no when they say things like, "Would you be able to take a mouthy 16 year old girl for two weeks?" Um...NO sorry. My life is crazy enough.

Well, that's us at the moment. We're sending you lots of love!

Until the next grand adventure,
Yvonne and crew


3 comments:

Stacy said...

WOW! What a cutie!!! I know it was hard for you, but the important thing is she likes it! And man that was a book, How much Coke have you had today?

Mighty Minimalist Mama said...

I love the new do. She looks great. Let me know when you have your sale. Only 10 more days!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just wanted to tell you that her hair is really cute, and it will take some getting used to, but i bet she is loving it already! Ronda has done the "locks of Love" twice now and Katie has at least once!
Well, we can't wait to see Kayla when she gets back! <)Cathy