CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Some Kayla News













I thought I wouldn't have a picture to post, but this is a screen capture I did of Kayla when we were talking on the computer.


I just wanted to catch you up on what Kayla's doing. We've been able to talk to her a handful of times (not enough for me!). We have downloaded Skype (free...there's other stuff on there that costs, but the part we downloaded didn't cost). The Pagels have Skype too so we can talk over the Internet without a phone bill, but the cool part is that both our computers have a webcam so we can see each other. If you have the capabilities you should try it. You'll need to search for ThePagels <---typed just like that. They are 13 hours ahead of us so the best time to talk to her is after 8:00 at night here.


She looks great and is having a ball. From the activity we see going on behind her, the Pagel kids love her. Scott and Angie Pagel love her too which is understandable. She's a super helper. Scott told me that she embarrassed herself once though. She has a habit of calling everyone "darling" and one night right after she got there they all were playing a game and Scott didn't realize that it was his turn so she told him, "It's your turn, darling!" Then she was embarrassed so she tried to explain herself by saying that at our house we're not allowed to use words like stupid or dummy so she came up with a nicer word. Scott told me that he chuckled inside because she was really telling him, "It's your turn stupid!". It now makes me think about all the times she affectionately called me darling! It's usually when I'm driving hmmmm....



This week and next she is away from the computer so there's no contact or news (which I'm struggling with greatly!) She's at a missionary conference with the Pagels and then the following week she'll be helping teach English at a sports and English camp. This week another girl from the youth group went over so she'll have someone else over there to hang out with (even though the Pagels are great!). I asked Kayla if she needed me to send anything with Audrey and she asked for a couple more shorts and brown sugar since they couldn't get it over there. I was able to get that together for her so they should be baking soon :0) Kayla said that when they go to Costco to shop all the people walk up to their cart and peer in to see what Americans shop for. She said she does stand out and that it's weird. She's been shopping and told me that she bought a shirt. Bethany the 12 year old pipes up from the background and said that it's a very BRIGHT shirt with lots of colors. I can't wait to see that one! She also bought a Chinese dress.


Please pray for her and for us here missing her. She's doing a wonderful work and we're so proud of her.

Until the Next Grand Adventure,
Yvonne and Crew

2 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Wow, Yvonne, you guys never stop having adventures; do you?! lol With having a large family also, I know just what that's like. It definitely keeps life from getting dull. ;) I'm sure it must be really hard for you and your family to have Kayla so far away from home...and for such a long time. Forgive my ignorance, but just what is she doing over there? I picked up on the fact that she's in charge of VBS for three days, but other than that, I'm clueless.

How neat that you guys get to 'see' each other over the computer screen when you're talking. I'm sure that helps everyone to feel more connected.

We will add Kayla (and you) to our prayers until she returns home safely. Please keep us updated on her 'grand adventure.' ;)

Annette Budd said...

What a blessing that you get to talk to her. You have to wonder what is was like for missionary's families not so long ago. Waiting months just for a letter.

I wish that we lived closer to each other - I would love to get to know your kids. They sound amazing.