CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

River Walk and Alamo

We are on Spring Break and we headed south to San Antonio. We left Missouri and it was only in the 30's. It was about 75 here today. It was a little overcast so we decided to do the River Walk and Alamo today. Let me tell you the WALK part is not an exaggeration. I think that's all we did today :0) First of all we saved $10 by not parking close. I think we parked a half a state away which was fine going in, but when we're all ready to go it seemed like it took forever to get to our car.

We finally figured out that the Riverwalk was down a level from the street so we got down there and it was all restaurants. We were sort of looking for shops (for Kayla). We walked all up and down and smelled all the wonderful smells. We finally decided to go in one place but it was a 45 minute wait. I remembered a McDonald's up on the top level so we went up there and had instant gratification and it was a lot easier on the wallet.

Then we finally figured out where the shops were! They conceal stuff so well. We went into what looked like a small shopping mall, but when you went in there it went on forever and guess what? The River Walk went right past it. We were so close!

Then we visited the Alamo. Ryan was not impressed. We will always remember the Alamo because he had had enough. We got him settled in time to go in. Then we found a spot to sit and while Jim and Noelle went into a Bowie knife museum.

We made it home with a few sore feet (yeah, all but Jim and Joel wore flip flops) and a few hungry tummies but we got that solved. Now we're just sitting around watching TV and trying to get the little ones to bed. Tomorrow is Sea World!


Until The Next Grand Adventure,
Yvonne and crew

2 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Thanks for sharing your story, Yvonne. Sounds like you're having a great week. I LOVE Sea World!

I have a slightly embarrassing story to tell about my venture to the River Walk. Well, what I thought was the River Walk. lol My mom had been there a LONG time ago with friends on an AGLOW convention, and I remembered some of her pics from it and her telling us how neat it was. So when we moved from CA to CO and were driving down to AZ to visit my parents, we had to drive through Santa Fe. I had the brilliant idea that we would stop by and visit the River Walk on our way. Great idea, right? We drove and drove and asked and asked, and some kind soul pointed us to the "River Walk." I was SO disappointed. Nothing like what I'd remembered my mom's pics to be like, and to top it off, there was NO water in the riverbed! Such a disappointment. So I called my mom to tell her about it...only to find out the {real} "River Walk" is in TX!!! Well, duh! Yes, I'm such a dork (and I don't get out much -lol)!

Sharon in NE said...

Great pics!!! TFS